| || || || || |
| || |
|STAY CONNECTED WITH US |
|Enter your email to receive all the latest|
from Net Applications.
| ||Follow us on Twitter |
| ||Link up with us on LinkedIn |
| ||Subscribe to our RSS feed || |
| || || || || |
| || || || || |
| || |
| ADVERTISE WITH US |
Advertise in our newsletter with several hundred thousand opt-ins, or place banners advertisements on our premium blog sites.
Click here for more info...
| || || || || ||
|We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices.|
Your Information is Private
Subscribers are requested to enter limited personal information during signups. Under no circumstance will we sell, transfer or disseminate this personal information gathered by our products to any other entity.
Our statistics product collects information about visitors to the subscriber's website. This information will also not be sold, transfered or disseminated to any other entity. We may display aggregated data to show industry trends (such as browser share). However, this data shall be the average of many thousands of sites and will in no way linked to individual subscribers.
Your Information is Secure
We employ the use of the following measures to ensure your data is secure:
- All accounts require an account id and password to view data.
- Secure logins are supported (through SSL 128-bit encryption) for users concerned about their account id and/or password being viewed in transmission.
- All data centers use firewalls and other extensive security measures to prevent unauthorized access to our internal networks.
- The physical preservation of the data is ensured by the use of RAID-enabled servers, surge protectors, battery power backups, and daily data backups. All servers are housed in climate-controlled data centers.
For Our European Union Clients/Customers: Net Applications has joined the U.S. Department of Commerce() 's Safe Harbor Program, and we adhere to the principles and guidelines set forth within Safe Harbor.
If you believe that Net Applications is not in compliance with Safe Harbor, contact our company by mail, e-mail or telephone:
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 email@example.com
For more information about Safe Harbor, visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/sh_overview.html
You can visit Net Applications' websites without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. To improve the effectiveness of our website, Net Applications measures and analyzes anonymous and aggregated statistical data from our website visitors in an effort to continuously improve our website performance and the quality of our service to you.
The information we gather may include, but is not limited to, the following: the country of origin of the visitor, the visitor's navigation path within our websites, and the when the visitor is visiting our website. Net Applications reserves the right to publish anonymous, aggregate summary information regarding our website visitors. Please note that we neither collect nor store personal information from our website visitors.
For visitors to sites that have installed our statistics package, cookies are used to enhance the ability of our product to display usage patterns. This information does not in any way reveal any personal data about visitors. Visitors to a subscriber's site will receive a cookie that stores only a generic id, the prior page, time since last visit, and number of the visit.
Access to Personal Account Data
Every subscriber is requested to enter limited personal information that is stored in our databases. This information may include credit card information for pay subscribers. At any time, subscribers may modify this information upon logging into the product using an account id and password. Credit card information is only requested on secure pages (using SSL 128-bit encryption). Credit card information is never re-displayed once entered.
Opt-In E-Mail Lists
Every new subscriber has the option of not receiving site news and special promotional offers by either unchecking the opt-in check-box on the main signup form, or opting out of future mailings by clicking on the 'Opt-Out' link on any e-mail correspondance sent. Once an user opts-out no further e-mails will be sent except for traffic alerts the user sets up and important administrative notices.
This web site meets the guidelines of TRUSTe's Children's program, which means that it does:
- NOT collect online contact information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the(child) 's request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental(consent)
- NOT collect personally identifiable offline contact information without prior parental consent
- NOT distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information with out prior parental consent
- NOT give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent
- NOT entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can(contact)
When did the directive go into effect?May 26, 2012.
What is a directive – how does it compare to a law?Directives are passed by the EU, and are binding to the EU member states. However, they do not apply to EU citizens unless the directive is passed into law by the EU member states.
Does it apply to my website if I’m not in the EU?It is unclear if or how the EU will be able to enforce the directive against any website owner not residing in the EU.
What is a cookie?A small text file that contains a unique ID tag, placed on the user’s computer by a website.
What's a cookie's purpose?The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and possibly prepare customized web pages for them. They help you stay logged in to sites where you want this. They also can keep your shopping cart information while shopping online. Cookies do not contain viruses. They do not scan your computer for personal information.
Can I control my computer’s behavior with regards to cookies?Yes. At any time you can clear your cookies. You can also choose to opt out of some or all cookies via your browser settings.
How can I be sure I'm compliant, and what does "informed consent" mean?The UK's Information Commissioner’s Office has provided guidance, clarifying the directive to allow websites to rely on "informed consent" to comply with it. This means that you should take steps to let your visitors know what types of cookies you use on your site. If visitors are aware of the cookies, and still continue to visit your website, then you have achieved "informed consent" and are in compliance with the directive according to the ICO.
What are the cookies used by Net Applications and how are they used?Net Applications uses first-party cookies to count and analyze the traffic for our client websites. We do not access, store, or even know any personally identifiable information about the visitors to ours or our client websites. These are the cookies we use:
- Name: VSID, Domain: loc1.hitsprocessor.com
- Name: VSID, Domain: counter.hitslink.com